Breaking open the complex Japanese market
In our previous edition of newsletter, we had promised to deliver our bit of understanding of the Japanese market. A more detailed version can be read in form of an online interview here on our blog or you can go through it in a nutshell below.
- Foodex Japan 2014 was primed for us to venture into a new market that we were exploring from scratch. This was our first event in the Asia-Pacific region and it went spectacularly well.
- Japan is a benchmark for food safety and quality. We have gained a lot in terms of understanding the exhaustive requirements that make Japanese food market complex in terms of - stringent documentation requirements, food quality norms and certifications required.
- Japan is poised as a gateway to enter into the neighbouring Asia-Pacific countries of Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand and Australia.
- The demand for IQF / Frozen foods, especially mango is high in Japan. Organic food products, organic mango puree in particular are in high demand as well.
- Japanese are fine wine connoisseurs. Wine, if targeted is a huge market here. In fact, it was one of the most sought after product, exuberantly on display at many booths at the exhibition.
- In terms of the innovation, plentiful breakthrough technologies for food packaging sector were on display at Foodex Japan. Along with this, new organic health oriented food products were hugely popular.
With impeccable hospitality and systematic approach to everything, Japan leaves an indelible mark on us.
In this Issue
About Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Shimla Hills is a manufacturer, exporter and global supplier of processed, fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables, spices, pulses, grains, flavours and oil seeds. We are a Government Certified Export House driven by meticulous innovation and creativity that nurtures futuristic food trends.
Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Plot No 92, Industrial Area, Shoghi, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. PIN -171219.
Phone: + 91 177 2860601/730
Fax: + 91 177 2860602