Two new varieties added to our IQF section
IQF chunks and dices for two new varieties have been recently shipped from Shimla Hills. The shipment containing IQF Kent Mango chunks sourced from Peru, and IQF Queen Pineapple dices sourced from Vietnam, are on their way to Rotterdam.
- Kent variety mangoes are popular for their sweet flavour and fibreless pulp. Once fully mature, Kent mangoes get a slight red blush with overall greenish yellow colour.
- Queen variety pineapples grow extensively in Australia, India and South Africa. A fully grown pineapple fruit develops a golden-yellow pulp with crisp taste and pleasant aroma. While TSS is 15 to 16 Brix, its acidity ranges between 0.6 and 0.8%.
In recent years IQF fruits and vegetables have been gaining popularity owing to quite a lot of factors, few among which are:
- IQF eliminates the dependency on season and assures a year-round availability of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- This method of food processing keeps the nutritional value intact which has led to rise in the demand of IQF.
- India is 2nd largest producer of fruits and vegetables with 150 million tonnes annual output.
- IQF has advantage over other freezing methods as it eradicates reprocessing, drop loss during thawing and refreezing.
- And the biggest factor is the price advantage IQF has in the international market.
In this Issue
About Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Shimla Hills is a manufacturer, exporter and global supplier of processed, fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables, spices, pulses, grains, flavours and oil seeds. We are a Government Certified Export House driven by meticulous innovation and creativity that nurtures futuristic food trends.
Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Plot No 92, Industrial Area, Shoghi, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. PIN -171219.
Phone: + 91 177 2860601/730
Fax: + 91 177 2860602