Festivals, the true colors of Indian Culture!
October is going to be a month of celebrations in India. With this year's major festivals lined one after another in this month - it is going to be a long span of merriment. We are giving a Call to Celebrate with ELAN 2014, our event commemorating the spirit of Indian festival and culture, across all our office in India.
Festivals are an intrinsic part of Indian heritage, a time to celebrate togetherness and abundance of life. We intent to bring a vivid glimpse of human creativity, treasure of traditions, festivities and spirituality well-kept across many millennia.
Indian culture unites in an unbelieving medley of diversity. This medley is filled with colourful customs, enthralling events and fascinating festivals that are among the largest and most spectacular among the world. We are celebrating:-
- Durga Puja the worship of Shakti (Divine Mother) in nine forms for nine days, epitomising the power of good over evil and essentially symbolizing feminine power.
- Dussehra or Vijayadashami is a heroic win of good over evil.
- Eid al-Adha is the festival of the sacrifice while remembering prophet Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son when God ordered him to.
- Karva Chauth is a fast kept by Indian married women from sunrise to moonrise for the long lives of their husband and keeping this bond unbroken for seven births.
- Diwali is the festivals of light and spiritually signifies the triumph of light over darkness.
- Govardhan Puja or Annakut (which means a heap of grain) is celebrated as the day when Krishna defeated Indra. It signifies the breaking of blind faith and encouraging the right thing.
- Bhai Dooj celebrates the bond of brother and sister, making this bond even stronger.
- Chhath Puja is performed to pay reverence to Sun (the god of energy and life force) and thanking him for sustaining life on earth.
In this Issue
About Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Shimla Hills is a manufacturer, exporter and global supplier of processed, frozen fruits and vegetables, spices, pulses, grains, nuts, flavours and oilseeds. We are a Government Certified Export House driven by meticulous innovation and creativity that nurtures futuristic food trends.
Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt Ltd.
Plot No 92, Industrial Area, Shoghi, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. PIN -171219.
Phone: + 91 177 2860601/730
Fax: + 91 177 2860602